Gara Caffetteria e Specialità is a specialty coffee cafe situated in Jesi, just inland from the port city of Ancona. They stock a selection of high quality Italian specialty coffees and brew in a variety of methods including cold and nitro brew during the warmer summer months.
For breakfast you can enjoy Gara Caffetteria's range of specialty coffee with locally made pastries and they serve a selection of gourmet food for lunch such as bagels, wraps, salads, warm dishes and freshly squeezed juices and smoothies.
Samuele Gara and his family run the cafe and a shop next door that specialises in coffee, which you can find just off the main street in the centre of Jesi.
In-store brew methods
- Espresso?The iconic Italian espresso method uses a machine to force near-boiling water at high pressure through finely ground coffee and a portafilter.
Espresso brewed coffee produces concentrated, rich flavours with crema on top.
- Pour-over?The pour-over method uses a cone-shaped dripper with a paper filter. Near-boiling water is poured over medium-coarse ground coffee and passes through the paper filter. Different thicknesses of filter paper removes the coffee oils.
Pour-over brewed coffee produces a cleaner taste with less bitterness.
- AeroPress?The AeroPress device functions like a syringe. Medium-coarse ground coffee is steeped in near-boiling water for a short period before the water is manually plunged through the coffee grounds and a thin paper filter.
AeroPress brewed coffee produces a smooth and clean flavour.
- Cold brew?The cold brew method involves steeping coarse-ground coffee in cool water for 12-hours or more. The brewed coffee is filtered and water is added before serving.
Cold brewed coffee produces a flavour with less bitterness and acidity.
- Nitro cold brew?Nitro cold brew is cold brewed coffee with nitrogen gas infused during the pour, giving the drink a creamy head of foam on top.
Nitro cold brewed coffee produces a thicker, smoother texture with less bitterness.
- French press?The French press method uses a plunger with a fine mesh metal filter. Medium-coarse ground coffee is steeped in near-boiling water for several minutes. The plunger is pressed down to filter out fine particles when poured.
French press brewed coffee produces a strong and bold flavour.
- Indoor seating
60035 Jesi (AN),