Campana Caffè is a specialty cafe and roastery in Pompei. The Campana family has a long history in roasting coffee, dating back to the 1940's. Now into the third generation, Raffaele and Paola Campana created the Campana Caffè brand in 2013 and later also began roasting a line of specialty coffee. Raffaele occupies the role as the head roaster while you'll find Paola running the cafe, making coffee and serving their freshly baked Italian and Neapolitan pastries.
Situated just a 2-minute walk from the Pompei train station, this family run cafe makes an ideal stop for breakfast before heading into the ruins of Pompei or for a coffee before heading back home.
In-store brew methods
- Espresso?The iconic Italian espresso method uses a machine to force near-boiling water at high pressure through finely ground coffee and a portafilter.
Espresso brewed coffee produces concentrated, rich flavours with crema on top.
- Pour-over?The pour-over method uses a cone-shaped dripper with a paper filter. Near-boiling water is poured over medium-coarse ground coffee and passes through the paper filter. Different thicknesses of filter paper removes the coffee oils.
Pour-over brewed coffee produces a cleaner taste with less bitterness.
- AeroPress?The AeroPress device functions like a syringe. Medium-coarse ground coffee is steeped in near-boiling water for a short period before the water is manually plunged through the coffee grounds and a thin paper filter.
AeroPress brewed coffee produces a smooth and clean flavour.
- Syphon pot?The syphon pot method uses a two-chambered glass device, vapor pressure to brew as well as a metal filter. Medium-coarse coffee is used.
Syphon pot brewed coffee produces full-bodied and heavier flavours.
- Buy specialty coffee in-store
- Outdoor seating
- Indoor seating
Roasting and origin information
A roasting profile for omni-roast is when a single roast is made for more than one brew method, such as for both espresso and filter coffee.
Campana Caffè primarily roasts an omni-roast profile.
Some roasters provide descriptive tasting notes, many provide brief tasting notes such as a list of similar flavours whereas others do not provide any tasting notes.
Campana Caffè tends to provide descriptive tasting notes.
Some roasters include detailed information of the estate, many include brief information whereas other roasters include minimal or no information.
Campana Caffè tends to include brief information about the coffee estate.
A few roasters include the cupping score for all of their coffees, others include it for some of their coffees whereas many roasters do not include a cupping score.
Campana Caffè tends not to include cupping scores.
80045 Pompei (NA),