Pergamino Caffè is a specialty coffee cafe located in Rome near the Vatican, named after the technical term for the parchment skin surrounding the washed coffee bean. Thanks to its location, Pergamino Caffè attracts a mixture of local and international coffee lovers, where you can also eat from their international menu like an English breakfast, cheesecake or muffins as well as artisan Italian pastries, sandwiches and snacks.
Owner Luigi Parise spent his childhood in his uncle's restaurant where he used to serve coffee on the weekend. However it was a meeting with an Italian roaster that inspired him and his wife to open their own specialty coffee cafe.
Pergamino Caffè is located in Piazza Risorgimento, a 5-minutes from the Ottaviano metro station and a few minutes more from the entrance to Saint Peter's Basilica in the Vatican.
In-store brew methods
- Espresso?The iconic Italian espresso method uses a machine to force near-boiling water at high pressure through finely ground coffee and a portafilter.
Espresso brewed coffee produces concentrated, rich flavours with crema on top.
- Pour-over?The pour-over method uses a cone-shaped dripper with a paper filter. Near-boiling water is poured over medium-coarse ground coffee and passes through the paper filter. Different thicknesses of filter paper removes the coffee oils.
Pour-over brewed coffee produces a cleaner taste with less bitterness.
- AeroPress?The AeroPress device functions like a syringe. Medium-coarse ground coffee is steeped in near-boiling water for a short period before the water is manually plunged through the coffee grounds and a thin paper filter.
AeroPress brewed coffee produces a smooth and clean flavour.
- Syphon pot?The syphon pot method uses a two-chambered glass device, vapor pressure to brew as well as a metal filter. Medium-coarse coffee is used.
Syphon pot brewed coffee produces full-bodied and heavier flavours.
- Buy specialty coffee in-store
- Buy coffee equipment in-store
- Outdoor seating
- Indoor seating
00192 Rome (RM),