Orsonero Coffee at META is a specialty coffee cafe located inside of META: Merging Taste, which is a collective of five kitchens serving gourmet food in Milan. Opened in the middle of 2021, it is the second specialty coffee cafe from Canadian owner Brent Jopson, the original Orsonero Coffee being located further to the north, close to the main train station Milano Centrale.
Here they offer a selection of Italian and international specialty coffees as well as a variety of fresh pastries and biscuits to enjoy with your drink. They also have beer taps where you can get freshly poured quality craft beer.
It has a modern, elegant design using dark wooden panels, offset by lighter colours, pine stools and illuminated with natural lighting from the floor-to-roof windows. Order your coffee at the counter before sitting down to enjoy it in one of the mirrored booths.
Orsonero Coffee at META is located in the Milanese food quarter area, close to Piazza Cinque Giornate.
In-store brew methods
- Espresso?The iconic Italian espresso method uses a machine to force near-boiling water at high pressure through finely ground coffee and a portafilter.
Espresso brewed coffee produces concentrated, rich flavours with crema on top.
- Pour-over?The pour-over method uses a cone-shaped dripper with a paper filter. Near-boiling water is poured over medium-coarse ground coffee and passes through the paper filter. Different thicknesses of filter paper removes the coffee oils.
Pour-over brewed coffee produces a cleaner taste with less bitterness.
- Batch brew?Batch brew method uses a machine to automate the brewing of filtered coffee, often producing more consistent results compared to manual pour-over techniques.
Batch brewed coffee produces a cleaner taste with less bitterness.
- Cold brew?The cold brew method involves steeping coarse-ground coffee in cool water for 12-hours or more. The brewed coffee is filtered and water is added before serving.
Cold brewed coffee produces a flavour with less bitterness and acidity.
- Buy specialty coffee in-store
- Buy coffee equipment in-store
- Indoor seating
20129 Milan (MI),