Bugan Coffee Lab (Città Alta) is a specialty coffee cafe located in the heart of the Medieval, Venetian walled upper city of Bergamo, the "città alta". With black walls and wood-finished interior, this atmospheric specialty coffee cafe offers a wide selection of their own Bugan Coffee Lab roastery specialty coffee beans, served in a variety of different extraction methods.
Bugan Coffee Lab (Città Alta) is Maurizio Valli's second in Bergamo, with the Bugan Coffee Lab (Città Bassa) located in the more modern lower part of the city.
In-store brew methods
- Espresso?The iconic Italian espresso method uses a machine to force near-boiling water at high pressure through finely ground coffee and a portafilter.
Espresso brewed coffee produces concentrated, rich flavours with crema on top.
- Pour-over?The pour-over method uses a cone-shaped dripper with a paper filter. Near-boiling water is poured over medium-coarse ground coffee and passes through the paper filter. Different thicknesses of filter paper removes the coffee oils.
Pour-over brewed coffee produces a cleaner taste with less bitterness.
- AeroPress?The AeroPress device functions like a syringe. Medium-coarse ground coffee is steeped in near-boiling water for a short period before the water is manually plunged through the coffee grounds and a thin paper filter.
AeroPress brewed coffee produces a smooth and clean flavour.
- Cold brew?The cold brew method involves steeping coarse-ground coffee in cool water for 12-hours or more. The brewed coffee is filtered and water is added before serving.
Cold brewed coffee produces a flavour with less bitterness and acidity.
- French press?The French press method uses a plunger with a fine mesh metal filter. Medium-coarse ground coffee is steeped in near-boiling water for several minutes. The plunger is pressed down to filter out fine particles when poured.
French press brewed coffee produces a strong and bold flavour.
- Syphon pot?The syphon pot method uses a two-chambered glass device, vapor pressure to brew as well as a metal filter. Medium-coarse coffee is used.
Syphon pot brewed coffee produces full-bodied and heavier flavours.
- Buy specialty coffee in-store
- Buy coffee equipment in-store
- Indoor seating
24129 Bergamo (BG),