Bugan Coffee Lab (Città Bassa) is a specialty coffee cafe located in the lively modern, financial and administrative lower city of Bergamo, the "città bassa". It is a spacious specialty coffee laboratory divided into four spaces: a coffee shop, a tasting area, a roasting room and a training space. With a full selection of Bugan Coffee Lab roastery coffees to drink in-store and a wide range of other Italian and international beans to take home as well.
This Bugan Coffee Lab was the first of Maurizio Valli's dedicated specialty coffee cafes, with the second location situated in the medieval upper city of Bergamo at Bugan Coffee Lab (Città Alta)
In-store brew methods
- Espresso?The iconic Italian espresso method uses a machine to force near-boiling water at high pressure through finely ground coffee and a portafilter.
Espresso brewed coffee produces concentrated, rich flavours with crema on top.
- Pour-over?The pour-over method uses a cone-shaped dripper with a paper filter. Near-boiling water is poured over medium-coarse ground coffee and passes through the paper filter. Different thicknesses of filter paper removes the coffee oils.
Pour-over brewed coffee produces a cleaner taste with less bitterness.
- AeroPress?The AeroPress device functions like a syringe. Medium-coarse ground coffee is steeped in near-boiling water for a short period before the water is manually plunged through the coffee grounds and a thin paper filter.
AeroPress brewed coffee produces a smooth and clean flavour.
- Syphon pot?The syphon pot method uses a two-chambered glass device, vapor pressure to brew as well as a metal filter. Medium-coarse coffee is used.
Syphon pot brewed coffee produces full-bodied and heavier flavours.
- Buy specialty coffee in-store
- Buy coffee equipment in-store
- Indoor seating
24122 Bergamo (BG),